6.20.2010

Virginia Beach.











Ah. I wish I was back at the beach. Jason and I took a little trip to visit some of our wonderful family in Virginia Beach this weekend.

We played lots of cards, had great conversation, had entirely too much food (most of it being seafood), we visited the Outer Banks, shopped, hung out at the beach, scoped out the Boardwalk Art Festival at Virginia Beach.

I had Ben and Jerry's for the first time from one of their stores. I opted for their Coconut Seven Layer Bar, that is only available in their 'Scoop Shops.' It was fantastic. It was a coconut ice cream with coconuts and fudge flakes, walnuts, and swirls of graham crackers and butterscotch. [description via.]

Jason and I spent a day at the beach and ate at our favorite restaurant on the beach. I got their amazing open faced grilled tuna sandwich that is topped with brie (my favorite!) and pickled cucumbers. I also tried their carrot soup. It was really tasty, as well.

Connie took us to the Outer Banks. Jason and I are now planning to take a trip there sometime. However, for now, we are planning and laying out our trip to Ireland during his mid-tour. We are so excited! Jason has found a castle for us to stay in while we are there. More on that later.

While in the Outer Banks, we had breakfast at Jolly Roger's, which was insane! And, then lunch at Mulligan's. We saw the dunes, shopped, walked to the beach, and just enjoyed the area for the day, then drove back over to Virginia Beach for dinner and farewell's to everyone.

It was a wonderful weekend with wonderful people and we can't wait until we can get back again.

xoxo,
Heather

No comments: