8.18.2009

Boston, Day: 2.

Today, while Jason and Tom were at their conference, I slept in. :) When I started to get hungry, I thought I would order room service, until I read the menu for the hotel's Green Room. I got up, got dressed, and took myself to a solo lunch. I was first seated near some gabby businessmen who talked on their self phones, throughout the entirety of their meals. So, I did what any gal on vacation, who wanted to relax and enjoy the view would do..I asked to be moved, to the complete other side of the room, all by myself, to enjoy the solitude that was mine for my lunch date with myself. I ordered the cucumber ribbon salad. It consisted of: baby field greens, grilled Brie, grape tomatoes, shoestring carrots, sugared walnuts, and a cranberry vinaigrette. Did I mention I LOVE Brie?! AND, walnuts? Yum! It was so delicious. Then, I decided, since it was vacation I would go all out and order dessert. So, I ordered a Doubletree cookie sundae, complete with vanilla ice cream, a Doubletree cookie, chocolate sauce and homemade whipped cream. Yum-o.


Before my dinner date with myself.

After my lunch, I decided I would take advantage of this baby. (See below)


The hotel's indoor pool and hot tub. [Photo courtesy of the Doubletree website]

I had the whole room to myself. I alternated swimming laps in the pool and relaxing in the hot tub. After around an hour of pool and hot tub time, it was time for me to get dolled up and ready for the lobster and clam bake.

Jason and Tom came and picked me up, and we headed back to the hotel that the conference was being held at. I tried lobster, clam, had some wine. Met some nice people. Had some wonderful strawberry shortcake.

After the lobster and clam bake, we thought we would go downtown to the Omni Parker House for the original Boston Cream Pie. An hour and no luck finding a parking spot that would cost us less than thirty dollars, we decided we would go and hang out at the lounge in our hotel, instead.





Biscuits and shortbread for strawberry shortcakes.


Homemade whipped cream. Yum.



Leonard P. Zakim Bunker Hill Bridge in Boston, MA

Photobucket

No comments: