8.19.2009

Boston: Day 3.

Today, after Jason and Tom got done with their conference, which was a half a day, we took a tour of Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox. We were able to sit in the press box and see the stadium from the view that the press has, during games. What a view!



The view of the stadium from the press box.


Jason and I at Fenway, with the press box behind us.

After our tour of Fenway, and a stop at the huge memorabilia shop across from the stadium, we headed out and toward Cheers for a bite to eat and a frosty beverage.


My hat and my local brew at Cheers. Jason sat on the right of me, on a corner, where Norm sat. There was even a gold plaque with Norm's name on it, permanently affixed to the bar.

We spent the afternoon touring and photographing Boston Public Gardens and Boston Commons. It was beautiful. I wish I could post more photos of that as well, maybe another time.

Our next stop? Another try for our Boston Cream Pie at the Omni Parker House! Away we went. This time, however, we had success, as we took a taxi down, instead, no parking issues this time for these guys!

While there, I actually got to go inside of hotel, itself, as there was no bathroom in the actual restaurant. The lobby was gorgeous and I felt so under dressed in my summery clothes. Nevertheless, it was wonderful getting to see this historic hotel.



My Omni Sparkler at the Omni Parker House. The red flower in the bottom of the glass was an edible Australian hibiscus. Yum.


The Original Boston Cream Pie. Love the presentation!

No comments: